Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What part of quilting do you... >

What part of quilting do you...

What part of quilting do you...

Old 08-23-2010, 05:10 PM

Well, you gals that don't like the binding....because of all the stitches...may want to try silk thread just to do that hand part of the binding...I hear it goes through the material just like a hot knife in butter. It may be worth the $'s to try it and find out. A lady who has quilted many years told me that it makes the job bearable...
Old 08-23-2010, 05:39 PM

It's the quilting part that has gotten me in a rut right now. lol. I have several quilts that are ready to be sandwiched and quilted. I don't mind the binding. Any takers on the quilting? lol Pretty soon I'll be able to afford to send them out. :)
Old 08-23-2010, 06:25 PM

I love it ALL!!! I find the entire process very satisfying!!!
Old 08-23-2010, 06:37 PM

I love each process also just get very frustrated when it comes to the corners when hand stitching the binding on the back side I want them prefect and seldom are.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:40 PM

What I like least is giving the quilt away! I have worked hard and either I really love them because they turned out wonderfully or I hated it and I'm embarrassed that someone else will see it.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:20 PM
MNM

I like it all, the cutting, sewing and seeing the 1/4" seam come out perfect and the fitting together of all the pieces. I love to put the binding on too. I am just begining to quilt my own. I have been sending them out to a friend that is in the business. Most of my quilts have been King size and I could not do that on my machine. I am doing large lap quilts and I am finding that I do enjoy the quilting part.

MNM
Old 08-30-2010, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I think I least like the "last half" part. Piecing or quilting the first half is exciting, challenging, fun. Then by the time I get to the second half I'm at the point of being bored with it and just want it to be done----at that's the part that's my favorite!
I agree....until I am really close to finishing, then it gets fun again. I don't like cutting, maybe because my cutting table is fairly small. I love hand work, applique, hand quilting, hand sewing the binding on.