Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What part of quilting do you...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So far I like it all. God bless.

The part I like the least is having to stop whatever I'm quilting to eat, sleep, cook, clean or worst of all, go to work. I'd rather just do what I love.

Power Poster
    Ironing is it for me.

Dee
    Mitering the corners. I just spend so much time doing this. Wish I knew an easier way. Also, sandwiching it together.

Blog Entries
    I like piecing, and I like to hand quilt, but sandwiching is the part I hate. mainly because I don't have a real good place to do it.

Blog Entries
    Love the piecing (I piece by hand) but I take it to a great lady, who does the quilting and binding.
    nanac

I dont' like the cutting out

I love the piecing, hated putting the quilt sandwich together until I watched Sharon Schambers way of doing it (if you girls want to get off the floor watch her video on you tube on basting the quilt),now it's quick and easy. Don't like quilting too much. And applique is not my favorite if there is a lot of it.

Quote Originally Posted by galvestonangel
    I love the piecing, hated putting the quilt sandwich together until I watched Sharon Schambers way of doing it (if you girls want to get off the floor watch her video on you tube on basting the quilt),now it's quick and easy. Don't like quilting too much. And applique is not my favorite if there is a lot of it.
    I found this site showing Sharon basting. Great video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_EjBGz5vGQ

From MN, living full time in our Motor Home
    Hate the quilting part! Unless I get to use my sisters Nolting fun quilter! Then I really enjoy that too!

I like piecing. I am most relaxed by hand sewing the binding, either on the back or when I bring the backing to the front. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by RST
    I do not enjoy the stretching, layering, sandwiching, basting chores.

Love design, love cutting, love piecing, grit my teeth through the sandwhich and baste stage, all to get to my most favorite part which is free motion quilting.

RST
    i have to agree with u on everything here except fmq havent quite figured that out yet i guess by the time i get to the sandwich part i am sick to death of the stupid thing and just want it out of my sight i think that is why i like simple easy projects that only take a couple of days oh yea and probably the A D D my kids had to get it from somewhere lol!

I Love all the processes including the binding, I french bind and love the hand sewing...and creating the nice mitered corners. was so very hard to machine stitch the quilts for kids.....
    ConnieF

I, pretty much, love it all -- except the sandwich making. Then I suppose the ironing of the freshly washed fabrics. The machine quilting is difficult for me, but I like it. Of course, I don't get too far out of my box. All I do is SID and XH. :wink:

Blog Entries
    I dislike quilting it the most. Cutting it out would be second. But I love ironing my fabrics and pieceing them together. And I really enjoy hand-sewing the binding down. I usually do it while watching a movie on TV.

Blog Entries
    I hate having to write that check to my quilter. Sometimes it is more than the quilt cost.

Boy o boy. I'd love to have you come to my house. My least favorite part is the cutting. I get all excited to begin the process of piecing and quilting, only to have to stop to cut out everything. UGH! My favorite part is selecting the fabrics for my projects...I seem to have "an eye" for color.

I thought I was the only one who loves the piecing but not the quilting!

Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    For me it's the washing and ironing. My favorite is the cutting, I could cut fabric all day long.
    Now I've figured this out!! I was trying to reply to above quilter.

Boy o boy. Would I love to have you move to my home. This cutting out business is my least favorite. I get all excited to begin a new project and then remember that I first have to cut it out. UGH! My favorite part is selecting the fabrics...I seem to have "an eye" for colors. I love all colors!

I wish I could have pinning parties twice a month... I dislike it and get very bored with it... I wish there was that spay on stuff here in China... But, my husband is nice enough to help me pin...

My only pet peeve about quilting is not have enough space lay out all my fabrics when I'm cutting out pieces. I'm a hand quilter and love the peaceful fellings I receive from the repeative rocking of the needle and viewing my handy work when my quilting session is through.

My only pet peeve about quilting is not have enough space lay out all my fabrics when I'm cutting out pieces. I'm a hand quilter and love the peaceful fellings I receive from the repeative rocking of the needle and viewing my handy work when my quilting session is through.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwestmary
    Quote Originally Posted by RST
    I do not enjoy the stretching, layering, sandwiching, basting choreRST
    Me too :roll:
    me three... i think its because my knees hate being on the floor that long!

Quote Originally Posted by katcincinnati
    Cutting out is my least favorite.
    i love cutting...i find it almost meditative... especially when i get to be alone in my sewing room, which doesn't happen often...

alone, no radio, no tv on...just me & my fabric in the quiet... but with dd & ds, ddil, dgks & dh... doesn't happen often enough!

Yep, it's the binding, I find it a bit sad because it means I am done, and can't decide which one I want to do next, so many I want to do, and have fabric for, but which one to start next is a hard choice. Once I get started, I can't stop though.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast