Old 08-21-2010, 05:01 AM
LindaR

Originally Posted by garysgal
Originally Posted by Dodie
Still makes me wonder how these designers can tweek a pattern then sell it for mega bucks One Bock Wonder was the most plain to understand tweeked pattern that I ever saw and
as far as I know Bethany Reynolda designed the one in the stack and whack also when I pay for the pattern buy hards of very expensive fabric do hours and hours of work the quilt is MINE not the pattern as I did not design it but I did pay for it for my use so I am really done with the McCalls magazine get the new copy of Fon's and Porter and read it seems a lot friendlier then McCalls

I noticed in the latest copy of Fons & Porter, they give permission to use one of the patterns. that was nice to see.

It appears that more and more we are being restricted and if we question or complain, we are "not understanding" what they meant. there is a reason that McCalls printed that article but now there is so much backlash that they will have a fun time trying to explain it all. I wonder how much their magazine will suffer in all of this.

I can't wait to read the next installment in the copyright saga and see what they say-especially about the quilt show issues.
I can't wait either, should be interesting...gee whiz, they created lots of ill will for themselves. You know I was thinking, our little quilt show is "display" only, no money is changing hands, just a group of guild quilts for women to admire.