Old 08-21-2010, 06:38 AM
charismah
Banned

Well..first I am wondering?
Did you want HEARTS or Leaves? Thos do look like hearts to me.

The freckiling issue is her tension ( on most machines).....but depeding on what kind if machine she has...that may be a problem she can't avoid...that is why she needed to keep the same thread(she got that because she used a different color thread in her bobbin and needle). I have read on Green Fairy'S blog that she uses the same color thread on the front and back of her quilts regardless of what the color on the back of the quilt is because sometimes freckling is unavoidable(we know she does a FABULOUS Job!)....alot of long arm quilters do that just for that reason....yours really needed to get the same color thread.
The batting issue is not even something that shoudl be something you should address..she knew that happened she needed to take care of that before handing you the quilt at all...she knows better!
I work at a local quilts shop.....we never trim the quilt batting off...because some people are funny about that ..so we made a decision just to leave it as is..unless a customer specifically ask us to cut it off....so that is not so unusual.
The threads being cut I think is a minor thing...however not locking them in is a HUGE problem..how are you suppose to use or wash that quilt?
THat is just my two cents...maybe she has not done any other jobs before? SHe must be young? I Think you shoudl just be gentle and explain to her how a quilt needs to be done and she will more than likely want to please you ..after all you just gave her 265$