Old 08-21-2010, 08:58 AM
JJs
Banned

Let's just say that I cannot figure out why someone would put a pattern in a magazine or book or by itself - KNOWING that whoever buys it (in any form) is going to want to MAKE A QUILT from it. As it's already been said, why else even make the pattern available.

Quilters have ALWAYS SHARED - from waaaaay back when, they would make a stack of 'pattern blocks' - you kept those so you'd know how to make a block. (mainly because paper was at such a premium). These ladies did not snip and snipe at each other - "oh, you used *my* block"

Does this mean no more show and tell at guild meetings?
I guess you make a quilt but hide it in the closet when company comes because the little wifey might see that quilt on the bed and want to copy it.

I don't know who designers are, not familiar with who is who and frankly my dear, I don't give a hoot... and it's a sure bet that at this stage of my life (real live OLD LADY) I'm not going to bother to find out. They can keep their quilt designs and magazines and books and I'll work with my EQ and all the quilts in MY head...