Old 08-21-2010, 01:13 PM
JJs
Banned

you know, Mattee, WE GET IT you do not need to keep going on and on about the copyright - WE GET IT....
The problem - as I see it and IN MY OPINION ONLY - YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY AND I don't care...
is the stupidity of having to ask mommy if you can show the quilt that you made....
why force people to go to the stupid step of asking permission to show a quilt in a quilt show - why not PUT THE INFORMATION in with the pattern in the first place - either say, "once you have your quilt completed from this pattern, you are allowed to show your quilt at guild shows" or not.....
The other problem with the whole thing is the magazine or designers or even the copyright saying that you cannot make a DERIVATIVE work from a quilt pattern and claim it as your own - but in the VERY SAME ISSUE that the RULES are in are SEVERAL quilts "designed" using public domain blocks - DERIVATIVE WORKS from run of the mill, old, everyday quilts...

What makes one "designer" derivative quilt "ok" but the next person is not allowed???