Old 08-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Dorothy Ann

Hi Moon Wolf, I understand how you feel and I really ment it when I said I welcomed feedback. This issue has evidently been brought up before on this forum and I can see why. I don't go to quilt shows, I don't look at magazine quilts, and yes that even includeds the ones my quilts are published in. I don't do those things because I am afraid I will take away an idea from someone else's creative brain. I have been told that my designs are quite different. I just love to come up with fun stuff and because I don't look at other's work, I only submit the quilts that I hope are uniquely mine. You noticed the word hope. As to the quilts that are designed with public domain blocks and patterns, I wonder about whether those people should even be called designers. But, I do design, I usually have 20 versions of a quilt before I send one off for publication. I also have a quilt in the Sep/Oct issue which is on the stands now. It is shown in another fabric as my signature. Thanks for responding, I appreciate being able to share my views, I wanted to hear yours.