View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 05:34 AM
Fancy Nancy

i started this thread and i am so glad to know that so so many of you out there are also messy quilters. the reason i originally inquired was because i have a friend that quilts and does general sewing. everytime i drop by her house everything is in tip top shape. if she is not working on a project on the machine, her machine actually has a protective cover on it. never have been sure where she keeps all her notions and supplies - only signs that she does any sewing is by her chair in her living room, maybe a pincushion and a small project she works on. she shows me her finished projects so i know she DOES sew, but i am always amazed. the rest of her house is spic and span so maybe she is just a cleaning freak. i must add that she is also a very stressed and not so happy person - always upset about something - maybe she just needs a messier life to keep things in perspective? anyway - thanks to all you sewing slobs out there - i feel so much better and now have proof to show my kids that it is not just me! oh, and i always warn my kids not to go barefoot in my sewing room b/c i am not extracting any pins and needles from their feet!