Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
how neat are you? >

how neat are you?

how neat are you?

Old 08-19-2010, 06:13 PM

i must say that i am a messy quilter. during a project i have fabric and notions all over the place and not good about putting things away until finished with project. cut threads end up on the floor along with a lot of dropped pins - i try to pick those pins up before running vacuum. thing is i have a waste basket right there for threads cut off but the floor seems to catch more.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:19 PM

Yep, that's me. My sewing machine gets trashed by the time I finish a project. I do have a rule though, which I follow faithfully. Before starting a new project I completely clean it, down to seperating flower head pins from ball ended.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:23 PM

Messy, that's me. LOL
Old 08-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MZStitch
Yep, that's me. My sewing machine gets trashed by the time I finish a project. I do have a rule though, which I follow faithfully. Before starting a new project I completely clean it, down to seperating flower head pins from ball ended.
I sort pins, too.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:32 PM

a messy work area is a sign of creative genius...
Old 08-19-2010, 06:37 PM

Mine looks like a tornado went through it right now. I keep my shelves and drawers organized, but haven't been very good lately at putting stuff back where it belongs, not to mention adding a lot of my Mom's stuff that she won't be needing any more. Any cleaning elfs out there that you could send my way??
Old 08-19-2010, 06:39 PM

I'm a slob :)
Old 08-19-2010, 06:44 PM

I admit I do get messy when working on a project, but I am a neat freak and have to put everything back in order before I start my next project. My DH is a slob and I even clean the garage so he will find things easier. Better than hearing him yell where is this and where is that. I just like things put where they belong.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Power Poster

I clean up after I'm done each day. I have too, my sewing room isn't that big and the kittens might get stuck in there and we all know that wouldn't be pretty. :lol:
Old 08-19-2010, 06:47 PM

as I some times work on several projects at the same time I have to have every thing in it's place, I can not work in a messy area, (have to do any dishs DH left in the kitchen, befor I can make myself a pot of tea.)And no I am by no means a neat freek, just have to have order and know where every thing is, when I want to use it.