Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
how neat are you? >

how neat are you?

how neat are you?

Old 09-14-2010, 01:09 AM

I am now marking all my boxes with what is in them and even the lever arch books are being sorted and marked so I can find which has wall quilts, cushions, large quilts etc. that will still take a while. Can any one tell me please how do you stop the glare getting in your eyes when your machine is in front of the window. It is the only place I ca put it so I can get round my sewing room,PLEASE?
Old 09-14-2010, 01:11 AM

Same here. It's not quilting unless there is a mess.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Annya
I am now marking all my boxes with what is in them and even the lever arch books are being sorted and marked so I can find which has wall quilts, cushions, large quilts etc. that will still take a while. Can any one tell me please how do you stop the glare getting in your eyes when your machine is in front of the window. It is the only place I ca put it so I can get round my sewing room,PLEASE?
I have my machine with a window right behind it so I too get a lot of glare. I have those plastic blinds...I call them modern venetian blinds with the horizontal slates and I turn them up so that the light is not shining right in but I still have fairly good light and that seems to help. I would think curtains might block off the light too much. Don't know if you would want to buy those kind or perhaps you could just hang a light gauze curtain over the window so that it would cut th glare but still let light in????
Old 09-14-2010, 02:37 PM

I'm messy. I'm new to this and have not designated an area for anything. Quilting makes a mess fast!! Right now I have my project all over my livingroom. I do clear up periodically, but I definitely need some organization in my quilting life. I have the room to make a "sewing room," but I like sewing at my "breakfast" table! It's got the best view of everything and is close to the kitchen! I at least need to make a place and buy the stuff I need to store my little (but growing) collection of fabric, battings, notions. Maybe this weekend...