Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: how neat are you?

I am in the middle of cleaning mine up. I have stuff stacked up everywhere. I found fabric and notions (Unopened) that I forgot that I bought. I cannot even see the top of my ironing board and I cannot sit down in my chair. I have to step over bins to feed my bird. I thought someone had stolen my vacuum cleaner...it was behind a huge bolt of batting. LOL! I had a major distraction occur that has kept me from finishing. I hope to finish this weekend but that does not mean it will stay clean for long. Thank goodness my sewing area is down in my basement, otherwise I would not let anyone in to my house.

np3
    Blog Entries
    Messy, messy messy while I am working on a project. But I can't go to bed until I make neat piles out of everything. That way and can get started faster the next day!

I try to keep my area clean, but it just does work for me. My husband is an accountant and has to have everything in it's place so when he looks at my area he just shakes his head. I guess it's like a Felix and Oscar thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
    Enough said.
    Oh Mary, that child is just darling!! Reminds me of when my tiny 10-month old baby was learning to wark - standing on tip-toe and reaching for something to hold onto! (He'll soon be 16!)

But to get back on topic, I am somewhat neat and have to have a sense of order. I hang up all my tools on my peg-board after a sewing session, and put fabric back in its place also.

Blog Entries
    I love the baby in the playpen picture!! She will be a sewer for sure when she grows up, with all that exposure to it as a baby!

Blog Entries
    In that case, I must be a blinkin' Einstein!

I'm pretty neat all in all. Too much mess or clutter tends to make me feel scatter brained. I don't have an excess of brain cells so I can't afford any additional confusion. lol!

Definitely messy! I have 'stuff' everywhere, and I work off my kitchen table. :shock:

Coffee anyone?

Blog Entries
    Living in senior housing you don't have a choice but to keep things in their place. But, I never could stand working in a mess. It's not the best, but I try.

I'm not LOL

Blog Entries
    Hello My Name Is Dee and I am a Cleanaholic.....enough said..lol.

Well, I guess I really am like the rest. MESSY Sometimes I have more than one projest going on, so I at least try to keep them separated. I also do alterations in my home,so I have to be careful they don't get eaten up by a quilt in progress. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dglvr
    Quote Originally Posted by katmom54
    a messy work area is a sign of creative genius...
    Well put. :thumbup:
    I am going to have to completly empty my room when i get back so I can make my new machines fit in. out goes the electric recliner lift bed in comes my longarm and quilting bed

It is a not too bad oragnized mess. That's all I'll say about it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    I'm not - neat that is. Recently, I cleaned my sewing space and when it was all neat and tidy I could not work in the room. I'd go in, look around, and decide that it was too neat to mess up again. WELL, I have since remedied that problem. lol

As long as I can push aside project 1-2-and 3 to make room for cutting #4 - no problem!!!
    That's me too. Must be a hangover from my childhood or something. I just don't feel right if my sewing room is clean and tidy - of course it's never that way for long.

Creative clutter is better than idle neatness. That's my story and I sticking to it.

When I'm working on a quilt my area is a mess. I do run a magnet over the floor every night when I stop just to pick up those pesky pins.

Blog Entries
    My sewing area is our dining room so it's pretty much neat all the time. Someday I'll have my own room...

Does disaster area ring a bell? I have piles of fabric when I get to selecting for a new project. Have a friend who will come over and just start folding things back up and putting them neatly in a pile. (someday she will figure it out, that I invite her for lemonade or hot chocolate when the fabric needs folding--grin-just kidding) Of course her sewing room never has a thread on the floor. Mine is covered with scraps, (think Eleanor Burns here) besides my kitties have a blast playing with the pieces. Besides scraps are insulation for the floor in the cold winter.

With a 9'x9' sewing room I have to be a neatie. I always clean up before I leave the room. May make a mess while sewing, but Mom always said clean up before you leave and you won't hate going back. This is why I do dishes and make beds before I leave in the AM. Makes coming home a pleasure.

Messy! I was so organized at work & had to have things just so. At home I just didn't have the time to really work at it. Now that I'm retired I use the excuse that I just have too many projects I want to work on. I am trying a little at a time to do better. Have had to move 90% of my sewing room down to the dining room as I don't walk well enough to keep climbing stairs several times a day

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Nancy
    i must say that i am a messy quilter. during a project i have fabric and notions all over the place and not good about putting things away until finished with project. cut threads end up on the floor along with a lot of dropped pins - i try to pick those pins up before running vacuum. thing is i have a waste basket right there for threads cut off but the floor seems to catch more.
    Thank God I'm not alone.

I am a mess maker , and I love it shows you
    are creative , its my sewing room and if they dont like it leave.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by slk350
    Well, I guess I really am like the rest. MESSY Sometimes I have more than one projest going on, so I at least try to keep them separated. I also do alterations in my home,so I have to be careful they don't get eaten up by a quilt in progress. LOL
    Me too. I am currently making two dresses for a lady, in addition to making some nighties for my SIL in Michigan. Plus all the other little things I have been doing this week for the board, ie the bow tucks bag, the Ol" Roy bag, etc. I need to clean up the sewing room today, as I am having company this afternoon and my friend hasn't seen my new sewing machine. She likes to sew & will want a demonstration. I try to keep each project in its own area. Luckily I have the whole basement, but lately it still isn't big enough. I must organize some more.....

Having read these posts, I gather I am in the really messy quilter category, I do try to cleanup a bit before I go to bed, right at this moment trying to do a Dear Jane and a Japanese Fan Quilt, its like a disaster area.
    Thank heavens I am not the only one.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast