Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: how neat are you?

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    My house is very sparse in belongings, everything has a place. I believe in less and more less. But when it comes to my quilting room I'm a total different person - stuff is piled on top of stuff when I'm making a quilt.
    I like this idea --- less and more less. This means there are less things to take care of thus giving more time for quilting

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Nancy
    i must say that i am a messy quilter. during a project i have fabric and notions all over the place and not good about putting things away until finished with project. cut threads end up on the floor along with a lot of dropped pins - i try to pick those pins up before running vacuum. thing is i have a waste basket right there for threads cut off but the floor seems to catch more.
    Here is one reason I'm so messy. Others include tired, telephone, computer, dog, you name it my floor has pins, scraps and other throwaway stuff. Glad I'm not alone. Virginia

My stacked high current projects for craft show.
    Name:  Attachment-100842.jpe
Views: 11
Size:  38.1 KB

I try to keep my work area fairly clean while I am working. I keep a pin cushion handy and I have a small container where I put my threads. That's not to say that my sewing room is always clean. Far from it. I am really bad about putting fabric away when I'm done with it.

Blog Entries
    BIG TIME MESSY. LOL

I keep telling myself to clean as I go. I just don't listen to myself. Certainly messy here!!

OMG Mary, you're even worse than me, LOLOL YIPPIIIII

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    SLOB!!! :D
    But when I clean up I can't find anything. Pathetic!!!

Forgot to say if I ever cleaned up my sewing room, I'd never find anything again.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mar32428
    Forgot to say if I ever cleaned up my sewing room, I'd never find anything again.
    OMG I just cracked up Hahahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    Quote Originally Posted by dglvr
    Quote Originally Posted by katmom54
    a messy work area is a sign of creative genius...
    Well put. :thumbup:
    I agree. I must be a creating Einstein :lol: :lol:

My sewing room is a disaster at the present time, but since my machine is in for servicing, I have an entire week to get it cleaned up. As a matter of fact, I started today and found a half bolt of muslin that I'd been missing for about a month. That's bad - when you lose a bolt of fabric.
    Yea another Einstein here. And I have found a bolt or two as well!

Not neat at all! As a matter of fact my sewing area is in the basement because I am such a slob when I sew. Well - two weeks ago my basement flooded and now my sewing area is in the dining room. Hope I have no visitors until after I finish this baby quilt I am working on - lol

can I use construction as an excuse for disaster area for my sewing room/house?

Quote Originally Posted by MZStitch
    Yep, that's me. My sewing machine gets trashed by the time I finish a project. I do have a rule though, which I follow faithfully. Before starting a new project I completely clean it, down to seperating flower head pins from ball ended.
    This is me too. I cannot start a new project if my room is a mess

A cluttered desk is a sign of a creative mind. I am the most creative person around.

I'm from Slobovia when it comes to quilting. I do clean and put everything where it belongs before starting my next project though. Thank goodness my hubby is patient and goes along with it. I have to sew in the dinning room although my goodies are all in the back bedrooms with my quilting frame/machine.

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    I try to be neat when I sew. I have a cat and would not want her to swallow any threads or pins. Even though she doesn't seem interested in them, she has long hair and thread sticks to her. Since I don't have a place to leave things out, it's pack and unpack each time I sew, but I don't mind.

Blog Entries
    Are you kidding me. My husband tells me I can't even cook without making a mess. I tell him it is a sign of a genious at work. haha!! However, I do have to clean everything up before I can start anything new. Cooking or quilting.

I feel the same wau Leaha does, except my cutting table usually has the projects (several) that I am working on at present. Never stick to one project until it is finished. LOL

I start out neat with good intentions but, as the project progresses, things go downhill pretty fast.

Blog Entries
    I finally have a sewing room - a "studio" after waiting for 33 years for our house to empty. I have a place for everything and it is usually right where it should be. Having grandkids helps to keep the things put away that they shouldn't touch! I love neat!!!

Someone that did not sew might think I have a messy sewing room. But I really just have a lot of stuff. I love to organize so most of the time the only mess is the normal mess that comes with any project. I also try to keep UFO's at a minimum.

Now the rest of the house could use some help. It is not a disaster, but it could use some work. I tend to go in my sewing room and forget about the rest of the house.

My sewing room also has tv and computer and is really my haven, so I try to keep it livable. I also can not work in a mess. I makes me crazy. It just dawned on me that what I can see where I normally sit is organized and looks great, but what is behind me is where I tend to pile stuff. Not messes really, but baskets of future projects or fabric that needs to be put away.

My mom used to sew in a mess, If she could get the fabric through her sewing machine she was good to go. In her defense the rest of the house was immaculate. Her sewing room was just where stuff was thrown when my dad did not know where else to put it. I was always telling her I would go in and help her clean and organize it, but she would not have it.

I like katmom54's theory..... a messy work area is a sign of creative genius... messy is good when it comes to quilting!

I sew in a guest bedroom and use the bed to lay out all the fabrics I am using. I am forced to clean it off when one of our children or grandchildren come to stay. My sewing machine is always set up in that room.

I use two magnetic pin holders (bought at JoAnn's Fabrics. They are good for picking up pins off the carpet. Little pieces of thread are easy to pick up off the carptet with a piece of masking tape.

I am BIG Time messy. Thank God I have a husband that built my own little shed off the garage. With bathroom and everything. I just walk out the door shut it behind me and go to the house. I am really blessed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by katmom54
    a messy work area is a sign of creative genius...
    Wow, good to know I'm a creative genius :lol:

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast