Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: how neat are you?

Blog Entries
    When in the CREATIVE mood - everything up for grabs.

When I'm not in the CREATIVE mood - I tend to fall into the ORGANIZING mood.

Works for ME!

just bought one of the best things ever..don't know how I got along without it......
    .............................a magnetic"pin-picker-upper"................

they are wonderful....dumped a whole container of pins the other evening and they were back in the tin in no time at all.....

The only time my room is what one would call "straightened up"
    is when we go away for more than a few days.

why bother, it's only going to be back upside down again.......and i wouldn't be able to find a thing.

sometimes I am too neat...putting things away and then CANNOT FIND THEM! I do better with some creative clutter.
    BUT...I do keep my pins neat!
    Subee

ME! and yes can is right to the right of machine,, seems to move though when threads are falling toward it! fabric all over to find the right match, this 'n that, it ends up a total disaster!

Messy is Good!

Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    SLOB!!! :D
    But when I clean up I can't find anything. Pathetic!!!
    This is soooo me!!!

Mine is currently nice and tidy. I'm just about to start a new quilt and cleaned the room this morning. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by katmom54
    a messy work area is a sign of creative genius...
    Absolute....so I must be a genius!

Quote Originally Posted by leaha
    as I some times work on several projects at the same time I have to have every thing in it's place, I can not work in a messy area, (have to do any dishs DH left in the kitchen, befor I can make myself a pot of tea.)And no I am by no means a neat freek, just have to have order and know where every thing is, when I want to use it.
    Any chance we could find a way to get your neatness habits to rub off on me - perhaps an electronic brain transfer? Try as I might, I can't seem to master it.

Blog Entries
    Two things I can stand is an unmade bed, unless the sheets are in the washer/dryer and dirty dishes in the sink. I don't like alot of clutter, but can handle it if in a hurry to get to the sewing studio.

Same here - I just shut the door to my sewing room when I'm working on a project. Should have a poster on the outside saying - "Enter at your on risk". ;-)

My room you can not see the floor. I have my thing every wear, But i do clean up befor i start some new.

I am a split-personality sewer! LOL To start I have everything all in order, etc. but once I get going....whooooeeee...mess! I think I am th eonly one who can make any sense out of the stuff that covers the dining table! :-)

I start well but by the time I am finished it takes a while to clean up

Blog Entries
    I guess I am a freak!!! I don't have alot of extra stuff sitting around in my room, only the project I am working on. And, I never start a new project until the one I am working on is complete. I can stay neat because of the way my room is set up, the sewing table is directly in front of my storage closet with all my supplies in it. I think my neat room is as close to heaven on earth as I can imagine. I have a sewing machine, phone, perfect ironing table, and no one to bother me there. My husband tells me he always knows where to find me.

I am the Queen of the messy room and my sewing room is a section of my living room. Oh well it is my house and I can stand the mess for awhile, but have reached my limits and have started to pick up and clean up.

I fall in both groups. While sewing, I make a mess, but since I need structure (can you say adhd), I "schedule" my sewing. Each day I have a different quilting and embroidery project. Fridays and Saturdays (days that I work at LQS)are free choice and straightening up days. It works for me.

Blog Entries
    Well I do have a a sewing too that is a mess right now and think it's stopping me from sewing alot. Daughter and her 2 boys just moving in with us this weekend and I figure they will be her a year or more. So I did have a plan to clean and get rid of stuff but 2 other rooms had to be cleared for them! Guess just what you do for your kids in need!

Soo glad I joined this board!! Reading how others use their sewing space I realised I.m also a creative genius!! My room is 8ftx10ft(we have smaller houses in UK!!) it.s amazing how much "stuff" you can stash! wouldn.t dare post a pic on here at the moment!! :lol: Spent all day Friday at Quilt show so MORE bags n books!!

How did you know what my area looks like while I'm working? It drives my hubby crazy.

I work with a little, ok maybe more then a little mess, but seem to know where my things are.

I would take a picture and show you all how neat I am NOT, but I think I lost my camera in there......

I also cover my area with a towel so the cats don't get into everything!!

Bev
    I'm like most, I'm messy while sewing, but neat as a pin about the clean-up afterwards. I like a tidy sewing/quilting room when it's not in use. 8-)

I'm fanatic about making sure threads go in the basket and very careful about pins because of my cats. But I usually have tons of fabric and scraps laying around that I constantly have to move. And I can never seem to find the things I need when I need them. Where did those darn scissors go anyhow?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast