Thread: Thinning hair
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Quilting D

Originally Posted by Gramof6
All good advice here. See your Dr. & have test to make sure it is not a health issue. I lost a lot of hair at 55 yrs old for no apparent reason. Test all came back fine. My Dr told me to use Nioxin Shampoo & Cond. I bought it at the Salon inside of WalMart. I also started taking Biotin 5000 mg a day. Buy it over the counter @ WalMart in the Vitamin section. I take 2 day. I also started taking a Vit. bought from WalMart & on the label it just says Skin, Hair & Nails. I think the Biotin worked the best. My hair all came back in as thick as usual. Came in curly though. It is so thick & healthy for once in my life. After a yr of using Nioxin Shampoo, I stopped using it & notice no diff. My hair is suddenly growing very fast. Might try the Biotin if you know you are healthy.
I've had fine thin hair all my life and recently started taking biotin. Not sure I see a difference but I'm hoping. I do the best I can to get a good hair cut & staying healthy. I also have thyroid meds so found it interesting that it is a side effect of the meds?