View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 03:38 PM
mstandridge

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Originally Posted by mstandridge
I purchaced a bamboo/cotton batting for a quilt and am having a horid time with the thread breaking over and over. I have changed the needles; tension, speed, everything I can think of even have talked to the quilt shop that sold it to me (I am the first to use it). I have taken the same fabric, backing and sandwiched with warn & natural using the same thread, mettler with NO problems. does anyone out there know what I can do differently. This is a quilt that will always mean so much to me. I am using the fabric line 'Lakeside Resort' by Holly Taylor from Moda. with the quilt being named Lake Miniwahwah. after the lake that my family spent most of my growing up years at and as I've worked on this quilt it has brought back so many memories but I am so upset over the multiple thread break I finally had to put it up for a while. Please Help?
How about abandoning the bamboo batting and going back to something you know will work?

Save the bamboo batting for another project - maybe a smaller one?
already have more than half of the quilt, quilted, no turning back now. But I will go back to my warm & natural, or even 80/20 battingjust so much easier to work with. but the over all feel of the quillt it great.