View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 03:38 PM
Farm Quilter

Originally Posted by dakotamaid
Originally Posted by hobo2000
A friend of mine is a LA'r and she says she never has more than 5 in her home at a time due to insurance regs. She one has 14 piled up and a wee little mouse got in and nibbled a hole threw a clients quilt and the insurance had to cover it. She said never again.Now she hangs them on quilted hangers from the ceiling. I didn't know the was Quilters Insurance. New to me.
I would guess her home owners insurance covered her quilting business. I know my home owners insurance had an amendment for my day care business.
My business insurance covers my quilting machine, all my quilting supplies (thread, rulers, templates, etc) and my customer's quilts. For $300 a year, great peace of mind for me - if my house burns down I will at least be able to replace everything, including at least the material for my customers. I never have more then 3 customer quilts at my house at a time, just to be safe - I live on a farm, nearest volunteer fire department is 8 miles away, I know the house would be a goner if it ever caught fire.