Old 08-23-2010, 07:58 PM
Gerbie

Hey folks, this is not just in retail. When I was teaching I had the same problem with my food stuff and school supplies. No it wasn't just kids stealing but teachers. Now weren'tthey good role moels for our youth, some are still working. I had some snack crackers and goodies on my shelf in the cabinet and when I opened the cab. to get them for my afternoon snack, GONE! Found out later who it was, the P.E. Coach - here's the kicker he later became Superintendent of our local school District. Several years later at a diff. school my lunch disappeared from Staff Frig. on three different occasions, I complained to the Principal, she brought it up in a Staff Meeting and informed all if she ever caught whoever was doing this, they would be fired. It never happened again.
I would never make a thief, I cannot even get the plastic holders off of most things when I get home, it usually takes 10 min. or longer, or get DH, let alone think of trying to do that in a store. I don't think anyone is really that desparate. Just really sorry. If it was food for their family or kids because they were hungry, that would be some different, but it is anything now.