Old 08-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Maribeth

I am very nervous about posting this: The 'heads up' to be aware of open packages is very helpful. I will certainly try to remember to look more carefully at my purchases. However, I was kind of sad reading some of the posts in this discussion. Sure, obviously, theft is wrong and some people steal due to mental illness; but in general, everyone makes mistakes in some way. Maybe not as serious as theft, but shouldn't you just be glad you don't have that problem and hope things get better for the thief. Isn't there a Bible saying "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. . . " A few months ago I was talking with a LQS owner about this exact issue and she said that she just hopes the person who took something without paying is able to use what they took to make their life better. I thought that was just a generous way of looking at things and felt obligated to buy more of her $10 yard fabric because of her kindness to others. We need to remember that being inconvenienced by others' failures is just a fact of our lives. I hope another view is acceptable to you. Take Care, Maribeth