View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 09:11 AM
grammy Dwynn

Originally Posted by BarbaraTX
support your quilting? My husband NEVER says anything about my buying fabric/patterns/books, etc. In fact, he has on several occasions brought people into my sewing room and opened the doors to my fabric armoire to show them how much fabric I have.
He doesn't usually come in and ask what I'm making, but when I bring a project out of the sewing room to show him, he oohs and aahs appropriately.
His hobby is Mustangs - he has a "65 Fastback and 2 "71s. When he's restoring one of them, I'll go out in the garage with a cool drink for him and ooh and ahh appropriately. We make a good team - on Oct. 24, we'll be celebrating 40 years of marriage. I think I'll keep him. :)
Yes, he is a keeper!!!

My DH doesn't say much about my stash, books, machines or sewing room. He has even 'helped' with some of my quilts; boarder choices, what if's (this fabric over that) or even suggested that I make 'that' quilt but use colors that he would want. ;-) He knows that I really enjoy this craft/hobby, plus it keeps me a sane person (if I'm not happy, it might affect him). I think mine is also a keeper.