View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Regas

Originally Posted by BarbaraTX
support your quilting? My husband NEVER says anything about my buying fabric/patterns/books, etc. In fact, he has on several occasions brought people into my sewing room and opened the doors to my fabric armoire to show them how much fabric I have.
He doesn't usually come in and ask what I'm making, but when I bring a project out of the sewing room to show him, he oohs and aahs appropriately.
His hobby is Mustangs - he has a "65 Fastback and 2 "71s. When he's restoring one of them, I'll go out in the garage with a cool drink for him and ooh and ahh appropriately. We make a good team - on Oct. 24, we'll be celebrating 40 years of marriage. I think I'll keep him. :)
I love your story. I also have a very supportive Husband. In fact, it's because of him i bought my embroidery/sewing machine and less than a year later upgraded to a Brothers Quattro at his suggestion. You see, he plays golf usually several times a week. I also play but don't really enjoy it and definitely don't have the passion for it. But I do have the passion for guilting and embroidery. He is happy, I am happy. He loves to see the things I make and I am his biggest fan when he comes home and recounts his "great" shots. Next January it will be 50 years for us. We were both 17 and still in school when we married.