View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 02:43 PM
girardgirl61

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Okay you never said anything about the machine being in a cabinet. The machine is a 3/4 sized machine and the vast majority were portable. But a FEW and only a few came in cabinets. You could make a mint off just the cabinet alone not even counting how nice the machine is!

Oh you did very well on this find and keep everything together (cabinet and machine) like your talking about and you will have a very desirable piece.

Billy
I just came in from the garage and unearthed a machine that I bought at a thrift store probably 10 or more years ago. I kept it at work and at lunch hours a group of us would cut and piece four patches, 2 light and 2 dark. We made 3 quilts and auctioned them off for United Way and raised several hundred dollars each year. We expanded our office and we no longer had room for our sewing room so I brought it home. Had not thought about it until I started reading this board. I went to look and it is a 99 K in a cabinet too. It needs to be refinished, but is in excellent shape. The machine is in perfect shape and sewed beautifully. It is missing the light however, the cord is hanging with electrical tape on it.

You are right, the cabinets are kind of rare. I have one spotted for my Spartan, but the man wants $75.00 for it alone. He said they were hard to come by.

My question is how to clean it up, I want to wipe it off and oil the necessary spots, but don't want to do anything to damage the decals. Do I remember a Tutorial on this process for this machine. Also does anyone know of any accessories or a light to fit it. Please let me know if anyone has any of this. Thanks for your help, and so glad I found all of you.