View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 03:00 PM
kapatt

I have been reading up on the different threads about nylon invisible thread. I appreciate all of the tips that I've gained in reading the forum.
I plan on using nylon invisible thread with percolite for making covers to cover over the air vents in our tent. I won't be ironing it so I won't have the thread melting.

I've read the problems that some of the member on the board have had with sewing with invisible thread on their machines.....
I also read where some of the members have not had any problems. I was wondering if having problems with sewing nylon in both the top and bobbin had to do with the type of bobbin case that was in the machine.

I have two types of bobbin cases in my collection of vintage singers. I have the type with the vertical bobbin (where you take the whole bobbin case out of the machine to change the bobbin) and I have the horizontal type bobbin (drop in bobbin).

I know that the vertical type works best for free motion quilting. I was wondering if it would work better when using invisible thread in the bobbin case than the drop in bobbins.

My question is...for those who had problems...what type of bobbin case did your machine have when you had problems.
and...
for those who didn't have problems, what type of bobbin case did you have in your machine.