Thread: Accuquilt
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 07:02 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

Here's a link to the Accuquilt users group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/accucu...guid=269586551

There are group members there who have the Go and members who have the Studio. Which one to choose is a common question that comes up there.

I have the Go and, with my setup and the amount of quilting I do, it is a much better purchase for me. You need dedicated space for the Studio because it is heavy and cannot be easily moved. I can close up my Go when not using it, and it has a very small footprint for storage in my sewing closet. It is lightweight and easy to move around. It is plenty sturdy and should not break easily; I haven't seen anyone mention it breaking, no matter how many quilts they have cut out with it. It was a little stiff to crank when I first got it, but now I can roll 4 layers of fabric through easily. I honestly don't need every single die that is made for the Go, much less for the Studio, so I don't feel I am missing out on anything. You can take the Go to retreats, friend's houses, etc.

A lot depends on whether you have the space to dedicate to the Studio, on how many quilts you cut out per year, and also on how wide a variety of quilts you are interested in making. For me, the Go has a much better return-on-investment than the Studio.