Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt >

Accuquilt

Accuquilt

Old 08-30-2010, 09:36 PM
Power Poster

I have the Alto Quilt Cut 2 and the Accucut Go. I bought the Go instead of the studio because realistically I make about 6 - 8 nice pieced quilts a year. The Studio would be over kill for me. The Go is very well made. I would buy it again. The Go dies are cheaper then the Studio dies. If I knew I was going to do mass cuttings I'd get the Studio. I don't take my Go to groups for everyone to use. I feel it's a personal machine. The Go is easy to store, the Studio needs a large space. And if I decide I need the Studio I'll have the Go to be portable. The Alto Quilt Cut2 is nice but very heavy. I still had trouble getting accurate cuts with it. I don't know if it is me or the mat. You have to use the lines on the cutting mat to measure. I never get the same cut twice. The fabric holder on the cutting board is great. I took the cutting guide off and use the board with a regular ruler. For the price of a new Alto I'd get the Go and the larger June Taylor Shape Cut. I love my Go, no more pains from cutting and every die cut is the exact same size.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:56 AM

I have fibromyalgia which makes some of my days better than others. Does the Alto Quilt cut use more muscles (does this make sense)? I'm looking for something that I can use to make accurate cut strips, square and triangles without a lot of effort. What I really need is a quiltin' buddy who only loves to cut!!
Old 08-31-2010, 12:27 PM

I have both the quilt cut 2 and the studio. I use them both religiously. I have been blessed with a DH that wants me to have only the best of tools. If I can help anyone please let me know and I'll give it my best shot.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Caroltee
I have both the quilt cut 2 and the studio. I use them both religiously. I have been blessed with a DH that wants me to have only the best of tools. If I can help anyone please let me know and I'll give it my best shot.
You can help by lending us all your dh. Please. :mrgreen:
Old 08-31-2010, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by gale
Ha!
Old 08-31-2010, 01:28 PM

I have the GO! and love it! It is a blessing! I did have soem minor problems with the 5" squares at first, not cutting the same size, but called them and figured out what my defecit was...it was me! (I figured that much)
My hubby is like Caroltee's, likes me to have a lot of tools! I don't mind....I accept graciously!
Old 08-31-2010, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by gale
Wish i could clone him Then I would :)
Old 08-31-2010, 05:57 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltin amma
I have fibromyalgia which makes some of my days better than others. Does the Alto Quilt cut use more muscles (does this make sense)? I'm looking for something that I can use to make accurate cut strips, square and triangles without a lot of effort. What I really need is a quiltin' buddy who only loves to cut!!
The Accuquilt Go! cuts very accurate strips, squares and triangles. The triangles are especially nice because the corners are lopped off, making matching easier. You have to hand crank the die/fabric/mat through the machine. I don't know how difficult that would be for someone with fibromyalgia. Mine was harder to crank at first and loosened up with use.

Don't know about the Quilt Cut 2; that is a different type of system which is rotary cutter based. The Accuquilt Go! is die cut based. I'm pretty sure Youtube has video demonstrations of both systems.