Thread: Accuquilt
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 09:36 PM
BellaBoo
Power Poster

I have the Alto Quilt Cut 2 and the Accucut Go. I bought the Go instead of the studio because realistically I make about 6 - 8 nice pieced quilts a year. The Studio would be over kill for me. The Go is very well made. I would buy it again. The Go dies are cheaper then the Studio dies. If I knew I was going to do mass cuttings I'd get the Studio. I don't take my Go to groups for everyone to use. I feel it's a personal machine. The Go is easy to store, the Studio needs a large space. And if I decide I need the Studio I'll have the Go to be portable. The Alto Quilt Cut2 is nice but very heavy. I still had trouble getting accurate cuts with it. I don't know if it is me or the mat. You have to use the lines on the cutting mat to measure. I never get the same cut twice. The fabric holder on the cutting board is great. I took the cutting guide off and use the board with a regular ruler. For the price of a new Alto I'd get the Go and the larger June Taylor Shape Cut. I love my Go, no more pains from cutting and every die cut is the exact same size.