View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 02:26 AM
plainpat

Can't say that ever happened to me,but I'd not be a happy camper if it did!
Yrs ago, I had several ppl ask what I'd charge to make them a quilt.My reply was to point them in the direction of the LQS with a list of needs,from fabric to batting & backing & thread.Once I knew the size....we'd figure out my labor charge.Not one ever got back to me...thankfully!

Originally Posted by Hindsight
OK ~ first I will admit that I don't usually have customers. I'm a quilter who LOVES the art of quilting, the process of making something beautiful out of small bits of fabric.

With the economy the way it is ~ in the toilet ~ I decided to say YES. [FIRST mistake] When a 'friend' asked me to finish a quilt she had started. [are you kidding, to do something I love? AND get paid? Honey I was all over that like white on rice]

So, we talked a bit about cost, what is involved in completing a quilt, and how she would like it quilted. NOT having seen the quilt I gave her 'ball park' of 200-250 dollars. Remember I said 'friend'? Me personally, if someone was going to send me back a completed quilt for that price....well I'd sell all my fabric to get the cash for them. :)

NOW, when I told her 250, because I have to purchase backing for the QUEEN sized quilt.........

She says, and I'm quoting, "$250.00 it's just a F%@*ing blanket!!!"

Really? Really???? Great! Now I'm stuck with yet ANOTHER UFO!!!
:shock: UGH!

So, have any of you ever come across this problem? Nothing I can do about it now, but, I was just wondering how others have handled something similar to this.

Piece Girls & Boys!