Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Customers who DON'T PAY >

Customers who DON'T PAY

Customers who DON'T PAY

Old 08-31-2010, 09:41 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62
I think it was all on how it was interpreted, no big gaps at all.
We didn't know from the first posting that the friend told her to sell it.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by jayelee
Honey I understand what you are saying but send it back chalk it up to a lesson learned and next time if there is one get half(at Least) of what you want in a deposit and dont do any work until you get your deposit
Friendship is friendship and work is work is what my 91 year old MIL is always saying to me when this happens to me
SEND IT BACK?? WHY IN THE WORLD??? the reason she's saying to keep it and sell it is because she knows she's wrong and is embarrassed at the amount she owes, not out of love. she thinking that whatever money the quilt brings in will compensate for the amount she owes. NOT :evil: she did a terrible thing to a friend and is now trying to make nice without paying a dime. she should be ashamed of herself. if you washed someone's windows or cleaned their home and they refused to pay you because it didn't really cost you anything, would you smile and say it's okay, i had nothing else to do for 9 hours anyway except clean your house and get tricked by a friend? where can i find a housemaid like that? how great would that be? everyone who suggests that she give back the quilt and expect no payment has obviously never been stung for a promised $250. and 9 hours. she lost money and she lost time and she lost what she thought was a friend. she should at least try to get back some money.

she'll never get back the time and she shouldn't want back that friend.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:31 PM

Since you have added the comment that she told you to keep the quilt, then by all means do so. Finish it up nicely and donate it to a Women's Shelter, Nursing Home, Veterans Hospital or some place like that.

Why you would want to keep it as a reminder not to do it again is beyond me. Lesson learned, get it out of the house, move on.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:15 AM
Administrator

to summarize:

the "friend" refused to pay the final price, which was within the original range they discussed.

the "friend" gave her the quilt so she could do with it as she pleases. that includes the right to donate or sell it to recover her costs.

the "friend" behaved very badly, so we can't say she did the right thing. however, she did do the next best thing.

Hindsight has reviewed all the advice and opinions presented and made her decision.

case closed.

i think it's time we all took off our cranky pants and got back to the fun stuff.

pretty please, with sugar on top?