Old 08-08-2008, 07:38 PM
barbsbus

Originally Posted by bebe
Okay CC Bear waitinfg to see more blocks. Thanks for checking in.
:D :D
Barbus were u on vacation? Okay waiting to see more :D :-)
Not really. I had all my kids and grandkids drive up to Oregon to have our pictures taken with my mother. She is 93 and her health falling so we had a family reunion and took 5 generation pictures. It was a fun day and then DH rode back home with one of my daughters and I stayed up with mother and got her to the doctors for an adjustment on her meds and made arrangements for the next level of care at the assisted living facility where she has her own apartment. It is not fun watching her go downhill but I guess that is the way it is going to be. I am just thankful that she is still able to live in her own apaartment and has good care givers. I know she would not be happy where we live. It is so hot in the summer and it would be impossible for her to get in and out of our home with her wheel chair and she has been living at the facility for over 20 years and all her friends are there. I did get quite a few of the blocks
pieces cut and ready to sew together in between taking care of mother's needs. DH had some frustrating times while I was up there and says he is so glad I am back home. He tried to be 'on his own' and it will be several days before I have all the upps cleaned up. He really did pretty good except trying to make coffee and use the microwave. He is totally blind and had never seen a tv dinner when he could see and had lots of challeges opening the boxes and putting a rectangle pan on a merrigoround in the microwave and then figuring out what he was eating after he took it out. LOL I wish I could have been a fly on the wall.He went shopping with me to get what he thought he would like to eat. I think the next time I leave him on his own I will have all his meals in the plastic containers that we use for leftovers for lunches and maybe he will have an easier time of it. He also got turned around trying to retrieve our garbage cans in front of our property after the garbage men collected. We have no curbs or fences and it is all open area once he walked off the driveway. Thank goodness we live on a quiet street and not much traffic. He managed to locate the driveway after wondering in circles for he says an hour. He can even get lost in our house but can direct me when we go up to Redding or to Chico. I have no sence of direction and get lost easily.