View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 02:57 PM
catrancher

I stopped sewing to address an issue that came up a couple of weeks ago. I started a topic about JoAnn's coupons that devolved into a pretty negative thread. It looks like it's been removed and so I can't address the person I'm trying to find directly--I hope she's reading.

Someone posted that she wondered why we still shop at JoAnn's if we're unhappy there and made the excellent point that this forum is seen all over the world, and that such negative comments reflect badly on those of us who are Americans. (I suppose Americans aren't the only ones, but since most of us are Americans, I'm speaking directly to my countrymen and women.)

So I've given this quite a bit of thought and looked back over my topic log to see how often I've complained about something. Not too many times, I'm glad to see, but enough that I've decided I need to make a sincere attempt to be more positive in the things I write here.

With that said, I catrancher, pledge to keep my topics positive and not whine and complain about the minor inconveniences in my life. While I think there's something cathartic about talking to others about things that upset or offend me, I need to keep those comments private and discuss them only with close friends and family--not on a public forum.

I can't remember who posted the comment that got me thinking about this, but I apologize for upsetting you. That was never my intention. I just wanted you to know that you've given me a lot to think about, and I'm turning over a new leaf.