Thread: Just read this
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 12:15 AM
HELLuvvANGEL

I use to be a yeller. I fought with my kids and somehow they won. One day, when they were about 15 & 16. i stopped yelling. I started reasoning with them. Suddenly they started using common sense. I since have chnaged how i am with little ones. I found at 2 if you tell them, example, if you thro a rock then we wont play outside. Now at 2 if they pick up the rock calmly ask do you remember what i said, and make them repeat. yes at 2....... then remind what will happen and let them make a choice....... watch what happens. I can take on 10 kids at the same age and all will listen to me with respect as i give them. LOL Parents always ask me ,, how do you do that. I say i dont!!!!! I gave them a choice and a concequence of their actions. Saying just dont cuz i said no isnt enuff. Its amazing how fights dissappear. When a 2 yr old wants to tho a fit teach them have it in your room. In your room you can beat the bed thro ur toys and scream BUT when u come out you will be done. Soon enuff the run to their bedroom close the door then have a fit. If your at the store have a choice for a fit in the store,,,,, stand to the side and tell them i will leave you in the cart ( like a foot from you) and go ahead and scream and just ask are ya done yet? When they dont get a reaction they stop. I hold up my hand when my grandbaby used to like to spit... i gave her a rag and u can spit all you want but i dont like it so until your done im not looking at you , Man they hate that, So anyway, i never yell or fight and i always win even tho they think they made the choice. Hope this helps some Moms make it thru the day.