Thread: Just read this
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 09:22 AM
tigger5464

LOL....I know exactly. :oops: My Mother was a "meanie" too....but when we were teens, the 4 of us laughed at her. She had told us "wait till your Dad gets home...there will be dead kids all over this farm." Immediately we pictured 200 acres of farm ground covered with dead kids...LOL. Gave Mom a different perspective at the time too....after all we were playing when this was said and didn't stop when she wanted us to. We had to work on the farm and didn't miss school either. Cooking, cleaning, laundry, chores of livestock and field work. We are now responsible adults with grown kids of our own...and grandkids of our own. Did we do the same with our kids? Yes....but sometimes differently too.

I just wish that people would teach their small children that it ISN'T ok to scream unless they are hurt. I live next to a school and a day care and they constantly scream bloody murder when outside!!! In my opinion, the parents need taught before the children can be taught!!

THere was a teacher here that taught the kids this...he was say in a really soft voice.....when you hear my voice clap your hands. He would repeat this until all kids in the class were clapping their hands. Great way to get the attention of the kids. And this was a 2nd grade teacher.