View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 01:44 PM
ksea

Originally Posted by pookie ookie
It's not that strange of a thing to do. Try deployment sometime. Plus, let's remember that electronics for personal use are purchased by the service members themselves.

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie
I am not American so I read with interest when you speak about how you see yourselves, and want us foreigners to see you! I can say that there is only one post I have read here that has really stopped me in my tracks, and that was one about US military on active service posting a video of themselves on YouTube destroying a defective printer with a gun which presumably had been issued to them for their duties. A few people chipped in to applaud them and that sickened me. However, I am intelligent enough to realize that these posters are not speaking on behalf of their country, and I am also intelligent enough to note that many people did not express any support for their actions. I don't think anyone could reasonably make any judgement about your country based on carping about money off coupons. It's just not that significant. So, if you want to change your outlook, that's great, but why not do it just because it fits with your own values? Why does America even come into it? I have moved around the world a lot and I don't find nationality to be that interesting. There is good and bad everywhere If I meet a person with a certain characteristic I certainly don't assume it is typical of all their countrywomen. There is so much more to people, isn't there?
What does this mean?