View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Kitsie

Originally Posted by lab fairy
Originally Posted by Kitsie
Originally Posted by np3
Stitch in the ditch foot keeps you close to the ditch, but you need a walking foot to make the fabric feed smoothly. Just my opinion of course....
"close to" the seam. but I can't get it into it with my SID foot. I use a wide foot or my walking foot to help "mash" down both side of the seam. Ooh, but I'm getting my new Pfaff soon!
You are going to LOVE your new machine. I found the biggest difference in my stitch-in-the-ditch foot and narrow-edge foot for the Pfaff is the needle opening. I prefer the narrow-edge foot because it is all metal and has the largest opening for needle. I can use more than just a straight stitch with it as well as moving my needle and using it for top stitching.

The other foot has a small round hole and is mostly plastic but the "blade" is a little longer. I like the visibility of the plastic but I'm more of a "multi-function" type so I like feet that allow me to do more than one specific thing.

Maybe you will be lucky enough to test drive and compare the two feet like I did before I bought. My Pfaff dealer is great about things like that (they were the ones who pointed out the differences).
I'm so fortunate to have found an Exp 3.0 with all the extra attachments including a single hole plate! The person who bought it 4 days before returned it to get the 4.0!! So I got it for $1,000!!! as if new with all the warranties, lessons and etc. Just have to get it out of lay-a-way! Have a 35yr old Pfaff and love it! (as well as a little chap Brother. Can't wait!!