View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Dee Dee

Oh absolutely! It would be a blast!

Originally Posted by Corky
I went to their website and they have a list of 'sample' instructors. You could go to each of their websites and looke at their work, the only one I have been to is M'lis Hawley and I would not take her again. I would love to attend Freids Anderson and several of those others.... Then you could make a list and be ready to grab the classes as they come available (do some homework ahead of time?)

Just a suggestion.

So, shall I hop a plane and come stay at the DeeDee B&B in April? :) the show sounds like a blast!!!

Corky

Originally Posted by Dee Dee
Thanks Corky! It's called the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo. Unfortunately, they have not yet posted the class titles yet. I'm just anxiously waiting.

Originally Posted by Corky
Hard to say. Who are the instructors? do you have a website I can look at?

I go to Sisters and take classes every year as well as other big venues. There are some national instructors who are great artists but can't teach for beans and then there are some "sleepers' who really give you your money's worth.

The problem with most classes is that you end up with lots of unfinished projects and hopefully you can remember or figure out how to complete them.

I like to take classes where I learn a new technique or skill that I can apply in other projects. I rarely take classes to learn a particular pattern since I can figure that out on my own

Originally Posted by Dee Dee
A large quilt show is coming to our area soon. For those of you who have attended quilt shows, and attended sessions, what has been the most worthwhile session you have attended?