Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Show Classes >

Quilt Show Classes

Quilt Show Classes

Old 09-05-2010, 01:10 PM

A large quilt show is coming to our area soon. For those of you who have attended quilt shows, and attended sessions, what has been the most worthwhile session you have attended?
Old 09-05-2010, 02:04 PM

Hard to say. Who are the instructors? do you have a website I can look at?

I go to Sisters and take classes every year as well as other big venues. There are some national instructors who are great artists but can't teach for beans and then there are some "sleepers' who really give you your money's worth.

The problem with most classes is that you end up with lots of unfinished projects and hopefully you can remember or figure out how to complete them.

I like to take classes where I learn a new technique or skill that I can apply in other projects. I rarely take classes to learn a particular pattern since I can figure that out on my own

Originally Posted by Dee Dee
A large quilt show is coming to our area soon. For those of you who have attended quilt shows, and attended sessions, what has been the most worthwhile session you have attended?
Old 09-05-2010, 03:10 PM

Thanks Corky! It's called the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo. Unfortunately, they have not yet posted the class titles yet. I'm just anxiously waiting.

Originally Posted by Corky

I go to Sisters and take classes every year as well as other big venues. There are some national instructors who are great artists but can't teach for beans and then there are some "sleepers' who really give you your money's worth.

The problem with most classes is that you end up with lots of unfinished projects and hopefully you can remember or figure out how to complete them.

I like to take classes where I learn a new technique or skill that I can apply in other projects. I rarely take classes to learn a particular pattern since I can figure that out on my own

Old 09-05-2010, 03:19 PM

I went to their website and they have a list of 'sample' instructors. You could go to each of their websites and looke at their work, the only one I have been to is M'lis Hawley and I would not take her again. I would love to attend Freids Anderson and several of those others.... Then you could make a list and be ready to grab the classes as they come available (do some homework ahead of time?)

Just a suggestion.

So, shall I hop a plane and come stay at the DeeDee B&B in April? :) the show sounds like a blast!!!

Corky

Thanks Corky! It's called the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo. Unfortunately, they have not yet posted the class titles yet. I'm just anxiously waiting.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:08 PM

Oh absolutely! It would be a blast!

I went to their website and they have a list of 'sample' instructors. You could go to each of their websites and looke at their work, the only one I have been to is M'lis Hawley and I would not take her again. I would love to attend Freids Anderson and several of those others.... Then you could make a list and be ready to grab the classes as they come available (do some homework ahead of time?)

Just a suggestion.

So, shall I hop a plane and come stay at the DeeDee B&B in April? :) the show sounds like a blast!!!

Corky

Old 09-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Banned

The class list is on the web site with descriptions of the classes.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:50 PM

DeeDee, here is a link to the one next month and the classes. I assumed you were talking about the one in March.

Enjoy!!! And be sure to come back and tell us all about it!!

http://www.sewingexpo.com/GeorgiaQui...criptions.aspx

Just click on the View the Brochure' button or here is the brochure:

http://www.sewingexpo.com/Portals/0/...0_brochure.pdf

Corky

Originally Posted by Holice
The class list is on the web site with descriptions of the classes.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Banned

DeeDee: What are your quilting interests. I know some of the teachers and could make some suggestions.
Are you talking about the show in October in Atlanta?
Old 09-06-2010, 07:36 PM

I would love to hear the suggestions, too. Always looking for input about instructors, especially at those prices!!!

thanks.

Originally Posted by Holice
DeeDee: What are your quilting interests. I know some of the teachers and could make some suggestions.
Are you talking about the show in October in Atlanta?