View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Judie

If you listen anywhere people are talking together, you'll easily be able to find one or many that are complaining or being negative.. I think its as simple as this.. to speak about how bad, how poor, how mistreated, how unfair or how someone did this or that is the easiest thing to do.. It's much harder to find those things that are good and right and pure and beautiful, those who do right or are honorable and honest.. you actually have to think about them, they don't just roll out like complaining does. It's so easy to complain... Like all people everywhere we usually opt for the easy way.. so sometimes I think we are complaining just to hear ourselves talk or to be a part of the conversation.. or perhaps any thought that comes into our head dribbles out our mouths (or out through our fingers in this case!). Just listen to people around you.. most people can relate to the negative because it's easiest.

Good for you Catrancher.. It's harder to be positive, but well worth the effort. That was a very transparent and personal part of your life you shared with us.. I see why you feel the way you do. I too try to be positive, for me it is what I need to do, however, once in awhile I find myself slipping into negativity... and have to remind myself to step up to where I want to be.. Thanks for the reminder.

I also think that many people and businesses are still where they are because good people said nothing. I don't think we should be quiet about wrongs done.

I'm just very grateful that I live in a country that we have the freedom to say what we want, postive or negative!! Not everyone can!