Thread: BEWARE
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 04:24 AM
Rettie V. Grama

Originally Posted by polly13
We love corn on the cob cooked in the potato bag. Directions say to wrap corn in dry paper towel. It is very moist, as is the bag, when taken from the microwave and it's delicious. Being in our retirement years, we have used it for baked potatoes and warming breads and rolls. We have never had a problem, but I will be sure to look for the special batting when making them.
I'm happy you like your "vegetable bags". but for me, I'll never use one again after my experience. You stated you cook corn in one. This is my method for cooking corn. Open the shucks at the blossom end and pull back to the stem end. Wash thoroughly by dunking into a bucket of cold water. Re-apply the shucks, tied with a cotton string at the blossom end. Cook in microwave per directions (Microwaves some with many different powers). For my 1200 watt Micro, I cook corn for 3 minutes. If not done to my liking, re-wrap and zap another minute. Even from the freezer, the corn is just like fresh. Just be careful. I had a friend who suffered from dementia, put a china bowl with gold edging into hers. She blew up the whole microwave.