View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 08:07 AM
aorlflood

Originally Posted by bluestarmom
There are things in quilting that I would like to be able to do, but for some reason It's just not going to happen. Well, as I hang my head in shame, I found e-bay. And I found, again head down, pre-made appliqued blocks and embroidery blocks. Now I can do a lot of the embroidery stuff, not a problem, but some of these are obviously done on a laser that is a bit more then the GO and STUDIO machines. And I bid on several various ones... bidding was not expensive and I have accumulated a nice selection of assorted pre-appliqued blocks of which I can use all of my own fabrics to build around the blocks and still make it mine without embarrassing myself. Unfortunately I can't lie, so when completing said project when I write Made with Love by .. put in a name... I was also add in very tiny letters "others". Has anyone else had help in this manner when they were wanting to whip up something that looked like it took a really long time? I have two that I am now putting together and I will post when completed. Also, the Braid is coming along delightfully and I am hoping to be able to post that when I get it pretty much together. I do want to thank everyone who offered me information, etc. on the braid. It's been quite enjoyable.

grins and affection, Blue
I have always wanted a Bargello quilt but don't feel that my piecing skills are up to it. However, I am quite good at hand quilting. So I bought a bargello top off of Ebay and added a border to it...then handquilted it. I did say on the label that the top was bought on Ebay.

Here is the finished quilt...

label
[ATTACH=CONFIG]113047[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-113041.jpe   attachment-113042.jpe