Old 09-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Pati- in Phx

[
Try 35th Ave Sew and Vac. They have a wonderful Fabric Collection and a great mix of small and large prints. I have also looked around Phoenix (I live on the Glendale/Phoenix border) and so far this is the only one that I have been able to find what I want, when I want it. Good Luck. They are on the web and the link is:
[url] http://www.35thavesewandvac.com/[/quote]

I also live in Phoenix and was puzzled by the reference to "a lot" of quilting shops. I know of 4: 35th Ave as mentioned above; Quiltz-which is gorgeous and also has a huge selection of top quality fabrics; The Quilted Apple-- which is very small, and one in Awatukee which I have yet to see. So, 2 shops that I know of with many different styles and large selection of fabric.

Please tell me where the other stores are here. I do not count Joanne's as a "quilt shop".[/quote]

There are many quilt shops in the Phoenix metro area, and some that are sort of quilt shops. <G> (Politics of retailing that we don't need to get into.)
The Maricopa area shop hop starts this Fri. and if you check at Quiltz or The Apple you can get a passport and charm for $5 and a directory of all the shops on the Hop. I believe there are 13.
As for ones I know about..... I teach at Sun Valley Quilts which is at 98th Ave. and Bell. There is also Quilter's Bee at 76th Ave. and Cactus. Another 2 or 3 farther west. And there is Mulqueen's on 59th Ave. south of Northern. They are actually a sewing machine/vacuum dealer but have lots of fabric. (It is mostly older lines, and such but at $6.95 a yard does it matter??)
East there are shops scattered across Mesa, and some in Tempe/Awatukee and I believe, Chandler.

So we are blessed with shops here in the valley. <G>

Pati, in Phx