View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Quilting Nana

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I have been thinking for quite awhile about people making generalizations about a store or a group because of one they don't care for. Also posting a complaint before even trying to deal with the manager or owner of an establishment. It is really quite easy to get sucked into these types of topics. It really does bother me.

I hear a lot of people complaining about JoAnn's. They have always been good to me. Sometimes I think the "Do unto others as you want them to do unto you." holds true. I remember a topic posted about Hancock's and their classes being just horrible. I admit that I became defensive about that because I taught beginning quilting. I had to finally unwatch the topic because it was upsetting. I went out of my way to teach everything I could in a positive way. I taught school and I know how to teach. The opinions were that the only places where you get good classes were at a LQS. I took classes at one LQS where they handed you the book and then you did it on your own. I helped the gal I was with because she was lost. I didn't mind helping her at all, but the teacher was getting paid. Again putting all LQS in one category because of this experience would not be fair.
These generalizations are just not good for anyone. I have a friend who always has problems at JoAnn's, and I question attitudes being presented. It is human nature for them to get defensive if you have a poor attitude, even if it isn't what they should do sometimes. I think in our society now there are a lot of people who just have no patience to deal with difficulties. I may be wrong, but I think we need to think before we speak.
I will stop before I get rotten eggs thrown at me. I don't like cleaning enough to clean them up.
I agree with you 100% attitude is everything.
One year at Christmas time I kept running into people with terrible attitudes and I let it ruin my holiday. The next Christmas time I decided that no matter what happened I would smile and only be positive. It worked I only ran into maybe two clerks with a nasty attitude. But before I left I made them smile and hope I changed their attitude for that day.
So be positive and smile it will make you feel better.