View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 09:53 AM
trupeach1
Banned

I had just moved to Ohio my aunt called and told me to put the TV on. I saw the second plan hit. My son was in NY at the seminary and he was taking classes at St Johns University. I worried for his safty. I tried to call and couldn't get through. Later that afternoon I called the seminary and they were not sure where the students were at the time. I sat and hoped all was OK. I finally heard from my son the next day. After the first plan hit the students could see the smoke from their class room window. As they were looking at that they saw the second plan hit. They couldn't get back to the Bronx so the seminarians stayed at a seminary on LI as the bridges were all closed. I was still worried, however that weekend there was a Mass for the fallen heros. There was news coverage from St Patricks in NY and my son was an altar server for the Bishop and he was 1 of the first to walk down the isle in posession. I felt MUCH better once I saw him. My ex BIL worked in tower 2 and would have never made it out. It just so happened he had a bussiness breakfast meeting that day and wasn't there. My ex husband and family didn't know that and thought they lost him. My DD was a jr in HS and the schools were on lock down so I was unable to get her. if it would have happened now I would have demanded they let her leave with me. It was a sad time as the area where I lived on LI had lost many people that day. We lost friends and neighbors. My friends from LI had memorals to go soemtimes 2 or 3 in a day. It was impossible to even park a car in the neighborhood where I had moved from. My cousin was an EMT but he was on his honeymoon when it happened if he wasn't he would have been in the tower when it fell. After the attack my cousin was 1 of the EMT's at ground zero for about 18 months. He said at the beginning the smell from the uncovered bodies was unreal and no one should have to witness what he saw. Remeber NY city is know for it's rats. Shortly after the 18 months of being at ground zero he moved to Fl and works on a fishing boat. What he experienced at ground zero was more then he could handle.