View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 04:40 PM
cag1949

Originally Posted by Izy
Originally Posted by gaigai
What a great idea Izy! Not only are those beautiful fabrics, but what a great price, compared to the price of regular fabric. Hmmm, I can see it now...a regular run on the thrift stores! LOL
Do you know Gaigai, that's EXACTLY how I feel, I get a buzz out of finding items that are 100% cotton for a fraction of the cost of actual quilting fabrics and it is unique, the little girls dresses probably only yield a fat quarter of fabric but between 49p and 99p each, how can you not love 'em!! I do try and find the LARGEST garments I can first tho tee hee!!

AND I am doing my bit for the environment, mind you, when I tell the shop assistants not to worry about folding them up neatly as I will be cutting them up soon, they nearly have a fit, saying what a waste....as patchwork just isn't popular here, they don't 'get' it!!

:lol:
Did not realize that there are few quilter's over there, but you did very well at the charity shops. When my friend came over here to visit, she loved our thrift stores and especially loved our garage sales!