Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
How I build up my stash!! >

How I build up my stash!!

How I build up my stash!!

Old 09-15-2010, 10:55 AM

Looks to me like you don't need no stinking quilting shops! You're doing just fine on your own!
Old 09-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by Harmony
Looks to me like you don't need no stinking quilting shops! You're doing just fine on your own!
Tee hee!!

:thumbup:
Old 09-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by Harmony
Tee hee!!

:thumbup:
Old 09-15-2010, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
Originally Posted by kristen0112
Originally Posted by Izy
Hi, there are NO quilting shops here in Manchester U.K., so a girl has to do what a girl has to do...trawl the local charity shops!!

Here is my latest batch of goodies!! ;)
WOW! Nice finds. Why are there no fabric or quilt stores where you live?
Patchworking/quilting just isn't popular around these parts, if you go 100 miles north or south, it seems to get more interest...just not where I live...it was bad enough when I was living in Spain, but even worse here grrrhhh!!

:-)
Why did you leave Spain, Izy?
Old 09-16-2010, 12:25 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
Originally Posted by Izy
Originally Posted by kristen0112
Originally Posted by Izy
Hi, there are NO quilting shops here in Manchester U.K., so a girl has to do what a girl has to do...trawl the local charity shops!!

Here is my latest batch of goodies!! ;)
WOW! Nice finds. Why are there no fabric or quilt stores where you live?
Patchworking/quilting just isn't popular around these parts, if you go 100 miles north or south, it seems to get more interest...just not where I live...it was bad enough when I was living in Spain, but even worse here grrrhhh!!

:-)
Why did you leave Spain, Izy?
John and I had relationship issues, but he was then diagnosed with inoperable cancer in February.. so we had to return for treatment and to be with our families...we got married in April and so we are making the most of life, he is doing quite well at the moment, but we don't know how long that will last.....

AND>>>>>>>>>>>> a new patchwork shop opened just 10 minutes drive away (see other topic)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 02:05 AM

I wish our charity shops had beautiful fabric like that.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:20 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by Annya
I wish our charity shops had beautiful fabric like that.
I think the fashion here in the U.K. is lending itself to be re-cycled into quilts, lots of florals and of course baby fabrics are always cute and are great for baby quilts

:wink:

You just have to keep LOOOOOKing everywhere you go :lol:
Old 09-16-2010, 09:23 PM

I do look every where I go but lately I am in town before those shop are open and I am in a hurry to get home. Too much to do. Thanks.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
Originally Posted by Pickles
Izy this is what I do also and I'm like Bearsgray I have learned to not say anything to the stores about why I'm buying them and the fact I'm going to cut them up, for when they learn this they will usually up the price of the cloths if they find out your using it for a Graft , so there fore I have learned to not say why I'm buying them..lol .. You have some really pretty colors indeed. :D :D
Do you know I hadn't thought of that risk....mind you asking me to keep my mouth shut is asking such a lot, I LOVE to share my love of quilting with anybody who will care to listen tee hee!!
:D You go then girl, and Have fun, for thats what it's all about
having fun, I like you get a thrill out of finding nice fabric from cloths, as I live on a fixed income and can't afford the new
fabric even with all the Fabric shops we have here. But I so love the thrill of hunting up what I do find..
Happy sewing :thumbup:
Old 09-17-2010, 12:16 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by Izy
Izy this is what I do also and I'm like Bearsgray I have learned to not say anything to the stores about why I'm buying them and the fact I'm going to cut them up, for when they learn this they will usually up the price of the cloths if they find out your using it for a Graft , so there fore I have learned to not say why I'm buying them..lol .. You have some really pretty colors indeed. :D :D
Do you know I hadn't thought of that risk....mind you asking me to keep my mouth shut is asking such a lot, I LOVE to share my love of quilting with anybody who will care to listen tee hee!!
:D You go then girl, and Have fun, for thats what it's all about
having fun, I like you get a thrill out of finding nice fabric from cloths, as I live on a fixed income and can't afford the new
fabric even with all the Fabric shops we have here. But I so love the thrill of hunting up what I do find..
Happy sewing :thumbup:
Have to agree entirely Pickles, even though I have a little shop right on my door stop it doesn't mean I will be spending lots of dosh in there as I just don't have it either

:(