View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 04:31 AM
Barbm

I was on jury duty. I was a title searcher for years and was going to search on break and review searches while waiting. During a break, I went to the Recorder of Deeds and called my husband to check in. They were watching it on TV, the first plane had hit and as we were talking, the second one hit. I told the people in the office and we all headed to the waiting area for the jurors. There was a TV there and they had it on and all were watching.

After the break, we all gathered in front of the court room, waiting to be let in. After 20 minutes, the judge's tipstaff came out and said the case had been settled and we were all released and thanked for our services.

I went back to my office, but was so consumed with so many feelings, I knew people who travelled from our area daily to NYC via the bus for work. Sadly- some did not return. I remember driving past the one parking lot and seeing a car covered in dust, it's owner had not returned after 9/11.

I remember Alan Jackson's song- where were you when the world stopped turning- it just spoke to my heart and still does.