View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 03:45 PM
maryb119

Originally Posted by maryb119
It was my last day at my job at the bridal shop. I took the kids to school and heard on the radio that a plane had hit the World Trade center. I was watching it all on TV when the second plane hit. When they announced it was an American airline plane, I panicked! My BIL is a flight attendent for American. He was on reserve for that flight but he didn't have to fly that day unless someone called in sick. He was not on the plane but safe at home. What a tragic day.
I told my kids that day, that sometime in their life, there would be a moment in time that they would see the world change and never be quite the same again. That moment for me was the day President Kenedy was shot. I was in third grade and it was the first time I was aware of the world outside my little community. I never forgot my teachers reaction when the news came. Then I told them that they would forever remember where they were and what they wer doing when they heard about 9/11. It was so hard to watch the constant news reports and hear of the endless tragedy.

I don't think a mosque should be built any where near the site. It is wrong to even consider it.