View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Gal

Thank you again everyone, NoveltyJunky no I did not have a pattern in mind, I chose it after I had collected the fabrics, I used that one because it was simple to follow. I was lucky enough to find the boarder fabric and the cream fabric to match at a garage sale, the pieces were all small off cuts or cut into strips, this largely dictated that I could only cut small pieces. The main fabric is poly cotton not really suitable for hand quilting and I had to put some joins in funny places as I could not match any of the pattern repeats etc. The lady who sold me the bag of offcuts had worked once in a place where they made Duvet covers and such, I do not think I shall ever get that lucky again! It was then just a matter of finding fabrics which toned in hence the shirts and skirt etc. I have started my next quilt in the same pattern but in much brighter fabrics, doing the same thing only my main fabric is an old sun dress which i can no longer fit into, it has a lot of black in it and i am having fun picking all the bright colours out and using them against the black.

Gal