View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 07:45 PM
2livesdown7togo

I hang finished tops on skirt hangers I no longer use, one on the first third, one on the last third, hang them with the middle folding in between. Store them in a bedroom we aren't using.

I put finished squares in plastic sleeves with a post-it describing what they are, also sleeves for cut fabrics that haven't been assembled yet (post-it for each cut with the block name, number of pieces, and size of cut).

Have a bin for fabrics I'm finished with that are still good size for use, have another one for the small cuts I'll throw together later. The good-sized pieces will be used for bags, pillows, small accessories, toys etc. or I can feel good about giving them away.

Have baskets for all my folded one yard or larger fabrics, with my own filing arrangement I won't try to explain. A set of drawers on casters holds FQ's, wire cubes store my baskets of fabrics and bins holding my individual projects (I knit too).

I keep my stash to what I think I'll use in a year, but I do like to see them because it motivates me to finish something so I can get into the next project.

But don't ask me about my yarn. If I died tomorrow DH would spend the next month cursing every time he opened a drawer or closet...