Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How do you store your WIPs? >

How do you store your WIPs?

How do you store your WIPs?

Old 09-12-2010, 08:37 AM

Our local Dollar Tree store has wonderful storage bags in heavy duty plastic in several sizes that are wonderful for storing projects I will get back to in a relatively short time (within a year). They can hold a full sized quilt or down to about 4 yds of fabric folded. Great buy at $1 each.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:42 AM

carolynjo (above on page 8) you are absolutely correct about all the pros & cons of storing in plastics and cardboard. Ladies, please get holes in those containers and if you use any kind of trash bag, at least turn that bag inside out because the inside has chemicals for odor control. Personally, I use pizza boxes, lined with non-acid copy paper. But I also place contact paper on the top of lid so no one accidentally throws the box away. Naturally, that box was a new one from the pizza man. They are always nice if you offer to pay for an unused box explaining what you are using it for. Not once have I had to pay for one but, likewise, I only ask for one after having ordered at the restaurant.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:49 AM

When selecting fabrics for a quilt, I gather them and put them in a bag - gallon size for a smaller quilt. For larger projects, i just stack the fabrics and leave them on my project table. (Note that these are never in the bag for more than a week)

As I cut the fabrics, I put them in appropriate size bags along with the pattern (cut listing).

Once pieced, I fold them nicely and set them on my project table to wait quilting.

I do have a few quilt tops awaiting quilting, so I have placed them inside a comforter bag (you know those square platic bags with a zipper that store bought comforters come in).