View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 04:02 AM
raptureready

Originally Posted by mom-6
Aren't there any farmers in the congregation that could provide the trailer and hay and country roads to travel on? Or am I just in an area where that is so common nobody expects to 'book' a hayride?
Hay, balers and rack wagons are usually only owned by a few farmers. The take them around to other places and bale the hay for everyone. Speaking as the daughter of a farmer I can tell you that not everyone is willing to take the risks. With the accidents that can happen and the way so many people are so eager to file law suits it's a pretty hazardous thing anymore.

However, you could buy a few bales and use pick up trucks. Make sure you purchase straw and not hay though. We have a harvest festival at our church that includes a hayride, potluck, fellowship, singing and a little preaching. We have a big bonfire, the kids play on the swings and trampoline. I go to Micheals and buy those tubes that have 15 glow sticks in them. I get at least 10 or 12 of them because they're only $1 each. Everyone wears them on the hayride. There's a lot to be said for fellowship where everyone visits. Not everyone likes organized games.