Thread: Star blocks?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 08:43 AM
wordpaintervs

Originally Posted by PurplePassion
Is there good instructions for making a star block and not cutting off the points? The one I am making now , was using a 4" background block and putting a 2 " blue block in each corner, stitching through both sides of the center line, cut them in half diaginal and then putting another 2" blue block in the other corner and sew . I lost a lot of points in the seams.
Conjuring up the concept of making a few squares (maybe 4 by 4 inch finished square ) of stars to serves as part of the bottom of a skirt for one of my dolls 4 kids with cancer. It would be something I could do just now and then. The skirt pattern is 48 inches in width, so 12 of them stitched side by side would work nicely and use up some smaller scraps. HUMMMMMMMMMMMM. I also think one could save money by using a computer program to make thangles at home, or just draw out your own, Adding one inch or making a 5 inch square into a thangle. Use that cheap tissue paper from the dollar store for a template if one wanted, but I think a thin cardboard would serve best as the original 5 inch square to make a 'thangle' from. Hope this isn't clear as mud. Maybe I 'll try that concept to make a different look for a couple dolls. Thanks for the idea, Purple Passion.

Vickey